PE and Sport Premium
Our sports premium funding is used to help provide high quality PE provision in school. The attached reports outline the key areas that we use the funding for and the impact that this has.
Every child in school will undertake 2 hours of PE each week, which includes dance, gymnastics, athletics and swimming (Years 4 and 5). We have recently updated and improved the quality of equipment in our hall and, including apparatus and smaller equipment. Children have access to outdoor fitness machines which may be used at playtime and lunch times, providing opportunities for physical activity every day.
At Hawkhurst CE Primary we follow the "Get Fit 4 PE" scheme of work which allows the children to acquire and use skills and strengths in appropriate activites. We teach our children that whilst sport is challenging, they can find success and enjoyment at their own level.
At Hawkhurst CE Primary School, we utilise our sports funding to:
- Help provide high quality sports and PE as part of our curriculum,
- Open us and provide new opportunities for all pupils.
- Increase participation in after school activities.
- Provide opportunities for competitive sport.
- To engage with children and families who are less likely to access sporting opportunities outside of school.
The impact of the funding each year will be reviewed annually in July.