Ethos, Vision & Mission
At Hawkhurst Church of England Primary School, we aim to provide a happy, dynamic and motivating environment, where appropriate and challenging learning opportunities are met with confidence and enthusiasm. This will be achieved by providing:-
- a high quality of teaching and learning within a Christian ethos.
- opportunities for spiritual and moral growth and for developing an appreciation of the diversity of the human race and an understanding of the Christian faith.
- a commitment to encouraging the participation of parents, the Church and the local community in the education of our children and the life of our school.
- a stimulating, well-organised learning environment with good quality resources.
- consistently high expectations.
- a diverse and exciting curriculum accessible to all.
- teaching styles that take account of preferred learning styles and encourage independence.
- a safe environment where relationships are based on mutual respect, honesty and encouragement.
- a philosophy of continuous self-review and improvement in every aspect of school life
Hawkhurst Church of England Primary School is:-
- a place of excellence where children can achieve full potential in their academic, creative, personal, physical, moral and spiritual development;
- a caring place where children and adults feel they make a contribution and are valued as individuals;
- a place of Christian values where children learn respect for themselves and others;
- a partnership between children, parents, staff and governors and the community as a whole.
At Hawkhurst Church of England Primary School we strive to extend horizons by providing all pupils with the opportunity to extend and explore the spiritual, moral, intellectual, creative and personal possibilities within God’s World.